Thursday, March 1, 2007

Last Russell Uncle

We got an email from Ken today saying that his Uncle Seldon has suffered a series of strokes recently and is in a nursing home near his home in Ozark, Arkansas. Seldon is the last of the eight Russell boys, the sons of Elias and Addie Jane. There were four girls in the family, too, but they have all died. It seems that strokes caused a lot of the deaths. In fact, I don't think any of the kids died of cancer - heart disease seems to be the main culprit. I'm assuming that if someone dies of a stroke that it is considered heart disease for statistical purposes. I might be wrong about that. I sure did hate to hear that Seldon's health was not good.

4 comments:

anthony russell said...

Hello,
I am married to the adopted grand son of Seldon Russell.(Anthony russell) who is the adopted son of Theron jimmy Russell (Seldons son) I just wanted to let you know that Seldon Russell went to be with Jesus this last week..

Russell said...

Thank you so much for writing to let us know about your grandpa. We did get a phone call from Teresa and Nancy to let us know about Seldon's passing and that the funeral is today. I hope you'll write again to my email at pamruss@frii.com to tell me more about yourself and Anthony.

Anonymous said...

HI RUSSELL KIN, I WAS SADDENED TO READ THE NEWS OF UNCLE SELDON PASSING ON, SUCH A SWEET MAN, I AM NANNIE ELIZABETH RUSSELL WILSONS GRANDDAUGHTER AND SADLY YES, THAT IS THE LAST OF MY GREAT GRANDPARENTS CHILDREN....MY GRANDMOTHER NAN DIED FROM BONE CANCER, DEC. 3, 1978... JUST TO LET KIN KNOW THAT THERE WAS CANCER IN THE FAMILY. BACK WHEN I WAS A TEEN I CAME FOR A VISIT FROM MICHIGAN TO LITTLE ROCK WITH GRANDMOTHER NANNIE AND STAYED AT UNCLE SELDON AND AUNT HAZELS HOUSE AND HAD A WONDERFUL TIME WITH THE COUSINS ALTHOUGH AUNT HAZEL WAS ILL....WE ALSO WENT OVER AND SPENT TIME WITH GREAT GRANDMOTHER ADDIE AND GREAT AUNT BERTIE AND GRANDMA ADDIE HAD WONDERFUL STORIES TO TELL...SHE WAS A DELIGHT! ALSO MET SHY UNCLE SYDNEY AND AUNT MINNIE. SUCH A NICE TIME AND LASTING MEMORIES OF LITTLE ROCK! SINCERELY, LINDA WILSON DALTON

Russell said...

Hi Linda,
Thank you so much for posting on my blogsite! I'm so excited to be in touch with one of Nannie's grandchildren. You must be a daughter of Frank's...am I right? I hope you'll email me at my email address pamruss@frii.com so we can communicate further. Mary Simms, my sister-in-law and Doyle Russell's older daughter, is thinking we should have a Russell family reunion next summer - 2009. It would be great to see you there. Are you in touch with any of your grandmother's sister Bonnie's family? Again, thanks a million for writing.
Pam