Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Annalee Auwen, my Smith family cousin

William Franklin Smith had just one brother, John Alvin Smith (1868-1953). John Alvin married Minnie May Culwell and they had seven children who lived beyond childhood, Nolen Brinkley, Julie Addeline, Adah Dovie, Annie Veria, Jimmie Nannie May, John Edgar, and Frank. The photo shown on the left is a rare photo of the entire family taken at a family reunion in California in 1939. (Click on the photo to view a larger image.) This photo was recently sent to me by Annalee Auwen, the wife of Alton Auwen, who is a son of Julia Addeline Smith Auwen and John Johnson Auwen. Annalee has generously shared several of her very special family photographs with me and I'll be featuring them on a separate website very soon. I'll post the link when the site is up. Thank you very much, Annalee.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I am so glad you are writing about genealogy! I am a descendant of Adah Dovie. I just googled her name to double check how it was spelled and came here. It is so great to have so much information so accessible.

Russell said...

Thank you for stopping by and for leaving a comment, Wendy. Which branch of the tree are you on? Are you on Facebook? A couple of the descendants of Adah Dovie are my Facebook friends.

Jim said...

Wendy is my (Jim Gleason) niece. Her relationship is
Wendy
daughter of Kristine Ann Gleason Hecker (William/Bill)
daughter of marilyn Carroll Reynolds Gleason (Warren)
daughter of Adah Dovie Smith (Reynolds)
...